Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about our studio and aerial arts in general. If you have any other questions please give us a call at 360-621-5177 or via email at jane @athenaverticaldance.com Please put the words aerial arts in your subject as we tend to get a lot of space.
- Where are you located at? We are located in the theater district of Tacoma at 715 Commerce. Just a block up from the Matador, the Office and right next to the Cobra Lounge.
- When can I start? We don’t do our classes as series classes as we find that it is too difficult to wait for the next session. For our beginner classes you are welcome to start at any time. Either give us a call or show up for one of our beginner classes. You can start that same day. If you are looking to start our advanced class please shoot us an email or give us a call so that we can make sure you are in the correct class.
- What does the unlimited package cover? For our beginner unlimited 30 days it covers our beginner classes (Tuesday/Thursday 6:00 – 7:00 pm and Saturday 1:00 – 2:00 pm) as well as our flow class on Wednesday nights 6:45 – 7:45 pm. It also covers our open gym on Sundays 2:00 – 3:00 pm. For our Advanced classes it covers all of our intermediate and advanced classes as well as our flow class on Wednesday and our open gym on Sundays 2:00 – 3:00 pm.
- How does the unlimited package work? Our unlimited package is good for 30 days from the time you start classes. It does not reoccur. Once it is expired you will need to pay again for another 30 days.
- What should I bring with me to pole class? If you are coming to a pole class you will want to bring a pair of short or capri pants that you can pull up. Make sure you are lotion free that day as well.
- What should I bring with me to silks class? For silks you will want yoga pants that are tight at the bottom or tights that are thick.
- What should I bring with me to the sexy flow class? For our flow class you can come with pants on as we are not doing any climbs up the pole. You might want a pair of knee pads if you have sensitive knees and leg warmers. A lot of the girls bring heels to class but they are not necessary.
- Tell me more about your studio. We have a very large studio with poles far apart so that you can work on your spins and tricks with out worrying about hitting your neighbor. Our studio has 7 poles each with a height of 16 and 1/4 feet.
- Anything else that I should know? If you would like to please bring a water bottle with you to class. We have a water cooler at the studio that you are welcome to use. If you have any questions please dont hesitate to shoot us an email or give us a call.
Common Pole Misconceptions
- “I’m not strong enough or I have no upper body strength” None of us started out with the upper body that we have now. Try us out and you will see that pole is by far the most fun you can have getting fit! Classes are 6-7 pm Tuesday’s and Thursday’s and 1-2 pm Saturday’s
- “I’m not very coordinated.” Pole unlike anything else that I have seen, even as a yoga instructor, will help you learn body awareness. Learning how to navigate around the pole will help teach you where your body is at in space. This is one of the many amazing advantages that pole will help you learn.
- “I’m not very flexible.” Pole will help build your flexibility as you learn. We work both strength and flexibility in our classes to help build a well rounded practice.
- “I’m a little nervous” No worries if you are nervous all of our students are super supportive. We have built a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere so that you can learn with your fellow students.